Presbyterian Youth Triennium is a gathering for high school age youth (entering freshmen through graduated seniors in high school) active in a PC(USA) or Cumberland Presbyterian church. This is an amazing and awesome event occurring every three years. The 2019 event is July 16-20, 2019 at Purdue University. The theme for the 2019 event is “Here’s My Heart”.
You’re interested, so what next?
1. Check to see if other youth in your youth group or church want to attend.
2. Talk with your parents, youth pastor, and pastor about wanting to go. They will help support you and encourage you before, during, and after the event.
3. Fill out this online form to begin the registration process with our Presbytery.
4. Yes, you are a representative of your home church; however, we go as a delegation from our Presbytery. We will have one meeting to get to know each other before Triennium, details to come.
5. Begin talking with your family and church about the cost. The total cost (with travel, transportation, etc.) is around $1,200 per person. Don’t fret, we pay for that in thirds. Meaning a third of the cost (about $400) is covered by each: the family, the church, and the Presbytery. The first payment, a deposit of $200, is needed to reserve a spot and can be submitted via check to our Presbytery Office (1010 E. Casino Road Everett, WA 98203 with the memo line: Triennium Deposit) or submitted online (note that paying online includes additional processing fees). Deposits must be received by January 25, 2019.
6. Email Alan Dorway (Pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Everett and our Presbytery Registrar) at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
7. Then share with your congregation that you’re going! This is a fun and spiritually forming event that will encourage you in your faith and energize you to know Christ more!
Peace, Rev. Alan Dorway – Northwest Coast Presbytery Registrar